Information is abundant out there when it comes to dosing your child with CBD gummies. The world of cannabidiol is still a fairly new one, and there are not always a lot of agreed-upon standard practices just yet. In this blog post, we’re going to be talking about everything you need to know if you’re interested in dosing your child with cannabidiol gummies to help with their specific medical needs. Read on to discover more.
What You Should Know About CBD Dosing for Children
We’re going to start this blog post by talking about the differences in dosing for children versus adults.
– Age – Every child is different, but the younger your child is, the more sensitive their system will be. As a result, it’s best to start low and work your way up with very young children.
– Weight – The other thing to keep in mind when dosing your child is their weight. If your child is on the heavier side, they may need more CBD per day than a lighter child.
– Health Conditions – The last thing you want to do is cause your child unnecessary harm by dosing them with too much CBD. If they have a health condition that requires CBD treatment, then you’ll want to follow the instructions their doctor gives them.
How Much CBD Should You Give Your Child?
The right CBD dosage for your child will depend on the reason they are taking the CBD.
– Children with epilepsy – If your child has epilepsy, then the general rule of thumb is to start with 10-15mg of CBD per kg of body weight per day. This can be delivered in two doses throughout the day.
– Children with cancer – When dosing your child with CBD for cancer treatment, it’s best to work with their doctor to find out how much CBD they should be taking.
– Children with anxiety – If your child is taking CBD to treat anxiety, then the standard amount is around 10 mg of CBD per day for every 12-year-old they are.
How to Administer Your Child’s Dose of CBD Gummies
– Start Low, Go Slow – As we mentioned above, it’s important to start low and go slow when dosing your child with CBD. If they have never taken it before, it will take time for their body to get used to the CBD, and you don’t want to experience any negative side effects.
– Begin With One Gummy Per Day – Once you’ve found a CBD dosage that works well for your child, you can start giving them one gummy per day. You can take this one step further and administer the CBD gummies at bedtime so they can get a full night’s sleep.
– CBD Gummies for Kids – All of the above information is for adults. When it comes to children, the whole process is a bit different. The two main differences are that you will want to start with a lower dose than you would for an adult, and you will want to choose CBD gummies for kids instead of CBD oils or tinctures.
As you can see from this blog post, there’s a lot that goes into dosing your child with CBD gummies. The most important thing to remember is that you want to start low and go slow when administering CBD to kids. You want to give their bodies time to adjust to the treatment so that they can receive the most benefits from it.