Australia is one of the best countries to live, study and work. Many international students choose Australia to pursue higher studies. Overseas students can enroll in different study programs to build professional skills. Australia offers Professional Year Programs (PYP) to overseas students to develop industry-related skills.
If you’re an international student who wants to work in Australia, then PYP is your best option. PYP helps students to find employment in Australia. Australian companies have their own code of conduct for their business activities tasks. Through PYP, international students learn to communicate professionally in the Australian workplace.
Professional Year Programs (PYP)
Navitas Professional in Australia offers a Professional Year Program. Navitas Professional is a professional development and education provider in Australia. It offers Professional Year Programs (PYP) to international students in Australia. If you’re graduated in IT, Engineering, or Accounting from an Australian university, then you can apply for PYP.
PYP is the best opportunity for overseas students to develop skills to start their careers in Australia. Undergraduate/postgraduates of IT, Engineering and Accounting are eligible for PYP. They can develop practical skills to work as highly skilled employees in Australia.
Professional Year in Australia prepares overseas students to find employment in Australia. International students learn knowledge and skills that help them stand in Australian firms. They become highly professional by the end of the Professional year program. Read more about essay writing.
- Professional Year IT
Professional Year Program IT is introduced by the Department of Home Affairs. International students with IT degrees are eligible for this program. They learn the theoretical knowledge and skills during Professional Year IT. It’s developed by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). Overseas students get practical training on IT during internship placement. The enrollment fee of Professional Year IT is around $12,930 – $13,280.
- Professional Year Accounting
Professional Year Accounting is for international students graduated in Accounting from an Australian university. It’s developed by CPA, ICA, and IPA Australia. It’s fee starts from $6000 to $13,000. PYP Accounting aims to improve the skills of overseas students, so they excel in their careers in Australia.
- Professional Year Engineering
EEA (Engineering Education Australia) has initiated the Professional Year Engineering. Students with engineering degrees can apply for PYP Engineering in Australia. It helps students to gain knowledge about the demands of the Australian workplace. Students get a chance to cultivate their employability skills and become job-ready. PYP Engineering fee is around $15,200 to $15,500.
Cities to Enroll for PYP
Navitas Professional offers Professional Year Program in 8 cities of Australia. They include:
Eligibility for Professional Year Programs
If you satisfy the requirements, you can apply for a Professional Year in Australia. To enroll in PYP, you must;
- Have completed undergraduate/postgraduate degree in IT, Engineering, or Accounting from an Australian university.
- Be under 50 years of age.
- Have applied or hold a Temporary Graduate Visa 485. As you can live in Australia for more than 18 months after your course ends.
- A valid skills assessment by one of the relevant skill assessment bodies is required. These skills assessment bodies include ICAA, ACS, CPA, and EEA.
- Obtain 50 on the PTE-A with no points below 36 or 6.0 on the IELTS with no points below 5.
Documents for Professional Year Program (PYP)
You must submit some required documents to enroll in the Professional Year Program. These documents include;
- A certified copy of your recent photograph
- Certified copies of academic transcripts.
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Copy of the signature page of your passport. If you’re an Australian citizen so, you must prove your identity.
- Proof of a current valid visa or New Zealand citizenship
- Copy of current CV/Resume
- Skills assessment from a professional industry body. It’s only applicable for Professional Year Programs in Australia.
Duration of Professional Year Program
Professional Year Program (PYP) is specifically designed for IT, Engineering, and Accounting graduates in Australia. It’s a 44-week program. It includes 32 weeks of course study and 12 weeks of internship. During PYP, overseas students learn to cope up with the work environment of Australia. They learn how to communicate in a professional manner.
Professional Year Programs (PYP) aim to develop professional skills in international students. IT, Engineering and Accounting graduates can apply for the Professional year program. It’s like a job-ready program for overseas students in Australia. International students who want to make a successful career in Australia must apply for Professional Year in Australia.