Education is essential for a child to grow in the right way. It can be challenging to find an affordable and quality education. Children’s Lighthouse Learning Center is one of the best child care & preschools in the area. They offer a fun, educational, and safe environment for all the children. Their curriculum uses exciting and fun methods for the children, with no overstimulation or stress.
A children’s Lighthouse franchise is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee is the exclusive employer of the employees at this location. Each franchise is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employees, including, among other things, hiring and termination, benefits, compensation, and training. You may contact the franchisee identified in this document directly for more information regarding your (potential) franchisee’s plans and procedures regarding the issues described above.
As every Children’s Lighthouse Learning Center franchise owner knows all too well, being involved in small business management means there are always countless day-to-day business expenses. You’ll be doing your due diligence to keep an eye on electric and water bills, property management fees, payroll, and even storage rentals for your inventory. There are a lot of costs associated with opening, operating, and maintaining your franchise. Here is a breakdown of the 18 most substantial fees you’ll want to make sure you’re prepared for.
Substantial Fees Every Children’s Lighthouse Learning Center Franchisee Must Monitor:
- Registration Fee: The one-time registration fee is $125 per student.
- Initial Franchise Fee. The current initial franchise fee is $50,000.
- Development Fee. When you enter into a development agreement, you must pay a non-refundable development fee of $25,000.
- Site Selection Fee. You must pay up to $25,000 for the services of helping to select your site or sites and negotiating with the landlord on your behalf.
- Training Expenses. The cost of attending the training will vary based on the location and time. In general, we estimate the total cost for you and your designee to attend training will be between $5,000 and $10,000 for the initial training session and between $2,500 and $5,000 for each additional person who attends the training session with you. We may increase these fees at any time at our discretion. You are responsible for all travel expenses for your attendance at training, including transportation costs (airfare, rental car), lodging, and meals while in attendance at training sessions.
- Opening Inventory Fee. Approximately five months before your scheduled opening date, we will need a non-refundable payment.
- The Franchise Fee is paid by the franchisee upon execution of the Franchise Agreement and is $39,000. The fee covers an initial five-week training program, ongoing support, and initial advertising.
- The Royalty Fee is 6 percent of gross revenue and must be paid every week. This fee covers ongoing training programs for franchisees, access to proprietary software, computer hardware purchases, and continuing education.
- Marketing Fees are 3 percent of gross revenue and must be paid every week. This fee covers advertising expenses.
- The local advertising requirement is 1 percent of gross revenue (or $200 per week) and must be paid every week. These funds are divided among franchisees in the local market area to fund local marketing initiatives.
- Real Estate Costs can vary depending on the location and size of the building but generally range from $300,000 to $700,000.
- Building Construction Costs can vary depending on the location and size of the building but generally range from $500,000 to $1 million.
- Grand Opening Marketing Cost is approximately $5,000 to $10,000 (excluding printing costs for marketing materials).
- Annual Tuition: The yearly tuition is $1,500 per year and can be paid in 12 payments of $125 per month.
- Curriculum Materials Fee: The curriculum materials fee (for the entire year) is $250 per student, which includes all curricular materials, as well as hands-on teaching aids, arts and crafts supplies, field trip expenses, snacks for the children, and many other items needed for the children’s activities.
- Enrichment Activities Fee: The enrichment activities fee is $100 per student per year and covers the cost of enriching activities such as music (piano), dance (tap & ballet), fitness classes, foreign language classes, art classes, and computer classes for each child. These enrichments are provided by outside vendors who come to the school to offer their services to your children.
- School Days Off: When a child does not attend school on days scheduled to be school, they will be charged a total tuition rate of $125 per day missed.
- Lifesavers Curriculum License Fee: $55-$90 (Family rate for multiple children; school rate for open use)
Education is a necessity in life. Education comes in many different forms, and when education crosses cultural boundaries, some products ease the process. These products provide tools to enhance the educational experience for students. The Lighthouse Learning Company provides these tools for an affordable price.