Is there a better feeling than walking into a house with a fresh coat of paint? A painting job has the power to transform your space for years to come. Almost every home needs a new coat of paint every ten years. Apart from making it look good, a painting job also helps protect your home from elements like harsh weather and dust particles, enabling you to enjoy it more. But painting a home all by yourself can take a long time, and you will most likely need a lot of equipment, including tall ladders and protective gears.
This is why hiring a professional painter for the job is always an honest thing. Hence, hiring the right painting contractor can smoothen the overall process of your paint job and save you a lot of frustration and money. But where do you get started? So if you are around the area, hiring a professional paint company like Stubbins Painting San Diego can be a good start. This article will talk about some of the most common things to look for before hiring a professional painter that will perfectly fit your budget, requirements, and timeline.
Things to consider before hiring a professional painter:
- Ask if your contractor has insurance: It may seem unusual at first, but put your emotions aside and ensure your contractor is insured before doing business with them. Keep in mind that the paint contractor is working on your property. While you may have insurance to cover incidents on your property, the contractor is also responsible for having enough insurance. Hire a contractor only if they have adequate commercial liability insurance with a minimum of $1 million, thus safeguarding your property from the contractor’s harm. Check whether your contractor has worker’s compensation insurance to safeguard the workers while they are on your property, shielding you from being held liable in an accident. Don’t count on your homeowner’s insurance to cover you. Before agreeing to hire the paint contractor, get proof of both insurances.
- Check references and previous work: Get references from reputable sources like your realtor or paint store, and have at least three separate quotations to get a good picture of the price. You may also ask which firm you should deal with based on professionalism, punctuality, understanding of the most up-to-date materials, and application procedures. One of the most important considerations when picking a painting contractor is to see what other people have to say about their experiences with the company. Starting your search online is always the best option. However, you should also call a couple of the company’s previous clients to learn about their experiences working with the painter. Go through the samples of previous work done by the painter to determine if the painting style fits your vision.
- Inspect proper licenses: Proper licenses are required for a professional painter to provide you peace of mind when employing this firm since it gives an extra layer of security for both you and them in a disaster. This information should be given to you by the painter for your records. Only residential or commercial premises are eligible for some permits. Others are for minors, but not big jobs. Check to see if your contractor has the appropriate licenses for your property and the extent of your project. You can look this up on the internet, and while you are doing your research, see whether the contractor has any complaints regarding licenses.
- Color finishes and materials used: A reliable home painter is concerned with your satisfaction. They will always check with you about your favorite colors, finishes, and other paint-related details. Suppose you haven’t decided on a paint brand yet. In that case, they can provide a decent recommendation based on their preferences, making it beneficial. Notably, most people have no idea about the differences between low-quality and high-quality paints. Although you watch commercials on TV or listen to them on the radio, it doesn’t indicate the brand is high quality.
- Experience in business: Check the painter’s years of experience. It would be best if you had a firm with a solid reputation to be confident in their integrity and trustworthiness. Hiring the right painting and staining contractors will undoubtedly offer outstanding results. However, choosing a firm that does “everything” might be a mistake.
In the long run, hiring a professional painter will save you time and money. The trick is to make sure you do your homework when looking at different house painters. You will always balance cost, schedule, and quality, so decide which one is essential to you.