The file doctor tool is one of the magical tools out there developed by Intuit. This tool can help the user to detect and fix common network and company file issues that one may face while opening or using the file. There are a lot of people who are not aware of what file doctor is. Therefore, we have come up with this post to explain to you the type of file doctor tool available and how you can use them to fix issues.
Quickbooks Doctor Tool Versions
If you wish to use Quickbooks file doctor on the system, there are two versions of tools available for you. They are as follows:
- Stand-alone version: This version needs to be downloaded separately on your system. It is available on the official website.
- In-built version: next is the in-built version of the tool that one can use within the tool. This version can be used for Quickbooks 2016 and above versions.
How to Use Stand-Alone Version of Quickbooks
So, you will have to follow a different set of steps to use the stand-alone or in-built version of the application. below we have listed all the steps that you have to follow to use the individual QBFD tool.
- To begin with, you will ensure that there is no other version of the file doctor tool is installed on your system. In case there is any other version of the tool present on the system, uninstall it and then proceed with the process.
- Now, you will have to open the web browser on your system. Make sure it is the updated one. On your browser, you will have to open the official Intuit website.
- From the website, download the latest version of the file doctor tool and then save the downloaded file in your preferred folder.
- Now, open the folder and click on the downloaded file. The installation window will open on the system.
- In the window, click on Next and then tap on the “Agree” option when the terms and conditions prompt will appear on the screen.
- When done, you will have to choose the installation folder. In case you wish to change the folder, tap on the Browse button.
- Now, you will have to follow all the instructions appearing on your screen to complete the process.
- Click on finish and close the window.
- Tap on the tool icon and then start the tool. In the tool window, you will have to select the company file and then tap on the check file damage checkbox.
- When done, in the next prompt, select the fixation type according to the issue that you are using.
- Next, choose if you are using the file doctor tool on your server system or the workstation.
- In the end, you will have to wait till the scanning process on your system completes.
- Now, simply start Quickbooks and check if the issue is resolved.
How to Use File Doctor Tool Using Tool Hub
You can also use the Quickbooks file doctor tool via Tool hub. With that, you will not have to download the application on your system separately. Here are all the relevant steps that you have to follow.
- First, you will have to close all Quickbooks related applications on your system.
- Next, you will have to open your preferred browser and then type intuit.com in the address bar.
- You will then have to download the tools hub on your system and then save the file on the desktop.
- When done, you will have to go to the downloads folder and then click on the newly-downloaded file.
- Now, you will have to click on the Next button and then in the next prompt, choose the “ I Agree” option.
- After this, you will have to choose the folder in which you wish to save the installation files.
- Next, you will have to go through all the instructions appearing on the screen and then complete the process.
- On completion of the process, tap on the Finish option.
- When done, tap on the option to start the tool.
- In the tool window, go to the company file errors tab. Now, you will get the option to use the file doctor tool.
- The tool will now take some time to load on your system. In the tool window, you will have to choose the file with which you have encountered the issue.
- When done, click on the option to check the damage.
- The process will now start. It will take time depending upon the file size and the speed of the internet.
- On completion, close the tool and check if the error persists.
Quickbooks file tool is one of the best tools available out there that you can use to get rid of network-related issues or company file issues. In this post, we have tried explaining all the relevant steps to you in detail. Hopefully, the article has helped you.