Plasterboard is the best material when it comes to remodelling your home. It is used as a sturdy and smooth interior wall or ceiling protector to decorate. It consists of a calcium sulphate dihydrate (gypsum) panel pressed between thick sheets of facer as well as backer paper. Plasterboard selection is important for both safety and aesthetics. It’s also essential if you want to make the most of certain wall or ceiling properties, such as their capacity to muffle sound, deter moisture, or prevent the spread of fire.
Rigips is the sister concern of Sain Gobain working for years in Slovakia. It delivers the best quality plasterboard system in the Slovakia market. Installing plasterboards is also easy. You can check their website to learn the plasterboard installation procedures. Whether it is a wall, ceiling, or plasterboard partition, they have installation instructions for all.
Benefits of Plasterboards
- It provides a stylish finish by providing innovative solutions, such as curve walls.
- It’s considered to be a simple solution for satisfying Building regulations for thermal, moisture, fire, and acoustic performance.
- Plasterboards are a sensible choice because they are fire-resistant and reduce noise.
- Despite being subjected to cumulative levels of moisture or dampness over prolonged periods, the majority of plasterboards are not at risk of water damage. To provide much greater water resistance, several plasterboards with additives are designed.
- Lightweight materials like plasterboard are easier and safer to handle. Additionally, it offers a safe, easy, and straightforward installation approach and lowers the risk of damage.
- You can still utilize plasterboard for decoration if your budget is modest. It offers superior standards for construction or home improvement and is incredibly inexpensive.
- Plasterboards are frequently manufactured of recyclable materials, which are property resources and offer a healthy living environment as they are devoid of harmful chemicals.
- For repairs, you don’t need any complicated equipment. You can move or transfer them simply to make modifications to the arrangement, such as those required for renovations.
Fixing of Plasterboard
- The procedure is easy.
- Cut the boards and organize the wall.
- Mix all the adhesives listed, dotting and dabbing the adhesive as you go.
- Add the wallboard, fix it under the guidelines, and finish the wall.
Few Things to Remember While Fixing Plasterboard
- Nails or Screws: Due to their simplicity and quickness on the job site, most professional plasterers now favour using screws with a collated screw gun. Though nails are still sued in certain installation methods, screws are majorly in demand.
- Coarse thread or fine thread: Traditionally, coarse thread screws were advised for putting plasterboard into the wood and fine thread screws for attaching plasterboard to metal studs. Plasterboard can be fastened to wood using 6g and 8g screws with both coarse and fine threads.
- When driving the screw, keep the plasterboard pressed up against the framing.
- Drive screws into the sheet slightly below the surface while being careful not to damage the paper.
- Assure that screws are at least 200mm away from adhesive daubs.
Plasterboard is the best way to make your home look stylish. Whether you install it on the ceiling or wall, they enhance the beauty of your home.