Locast was a non-profit streaming service that offered users live streams of over-the-air television stations. Locast.org offered users the opportunity to watch live streams of over-the-air television stations through its non-profit streaming service. It was established under the banner of the Sports Fans Coalition by lawyer David Goodfriend.
Subscriptions for live video streaming services are often as expensive as cable because of the way they obtain streaming rights for cable channels. Cutting the cord often leads to people paying for channels they do not want, which is why the purpose of cutting the cord is partially defeated. It can help solve some of these problems. The streaming service converts the local channels you would receive via an antenna into a digital signal and allows you to stream them online.
- Streaming live local channels
- are inexpensive
- inexpensive; solid performance
- Available on a wide range of platforms and in a number of US cities
- DVR features not available
- available interface cluttered
- The live channel guide cannot be customized
- The ongoing litigation might discourage prospective subscribers
Go to locast.org/activate
- On your device, open the Local app.
- The activation code will appear on your screen.
- Activate your account by visiting locast.org/activate or by visiting locast.org activate on your smartphone or tablet.
- You will find an Activate button on the menu.
- Log in and confirm your account.
- Type in the activation code.
- Then click the Submit button.
- The TV will automatically refresh in a few seconds.
- Start watching live TV now.
App Compatible Devices
- Fire TV
- Amazon Fire HD tablets
- Apple TV
- Android TV
Smart TV App
- Access your Smart TV’s App Store.
- Look for and download the Locast.org app.
- Make a note of your activation code.
- Open your laptop, smartphone, or PC and navigate to locast.org/activate.
- Please enter your username and password.
- The activation code will appear.
- Click the Submit button.
- Live TV is now available on your smart TV.
How do I enter the Locast.org activation code?
Just visit locast.org/activate. Creating an account is required if you don’t already have one. Click Here to register. Following that, you will be taken to the Activation page. Type in the code found in the activation email.
Activation benefits include:
- The movie quality is excellent. Many stations are available in HD.
- They are less costly than many other streaming solutions.
- They are compatible with all of the hottest streaming devices.
- They can be accessed on any device with casting.
What’s the process of creating a Locast.org account?
- Click on www.locast.org on your PC to activate.
- Click the Register button.
- A new window will open.
- Enter your account details, such as your email address and password.
- After clicking the Register button, you will be taken to your account.
- Please check your inbox for the verification link.
- From there, you can access your Locast.org account.
Note: If you have difficulties using the Locast.org program, try logging out and tripping. Enabling Locast.org is simply another way of logging in. In the event that this fails, please uninstall and reinstall Locast.org and try again. The official website provides more information.