According to the MHRD-NIRF rankings 2021, the top MBA institutions in India are IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta, IIM Indore, and IIM Bangalore.
The Fore School of Management and the IITs Department of Management Studies are India’s top MBA institutions. Other well-known B-Schools include MDI Gurgaon, XLRI Jamshedpur, NITIE Mumbai, and IIT Madras.
More than 5,000 MBA institutions in India provide a wide range of specializations. PGDM/PGPM degrees are offered by some B-Schools, whereas others offer MBAs. Learn all you need to know about the Top MBA colleges in India and the best MBA colleges in India for placements in the section below.
- IIM Ahmedabad: IIM Ahmedabad, often known as IIM-A, is a Gujarat-based public business school founded in 1961. MHRD, the Indian government, has designated the institute as an ‘Institute of National Importance.’ In 2020, it was named number one by NIRF in the ‘Management’ category and India’s top management school.
|No. of recruiters||131|
|No. of offers||170+|
|Top recruiter||McKinsey (30 offers)|
- XLRI Xavier school of management, Jamshedpur: It was established in 1949 by a Jesuit priest. Offers Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and Fellowships in Management (FPM). AMBA and AACSB have accredited XLRI programs. XLRI Jamshedpur has 25 foreign partners from powerful nations such as the United States, Australia, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Poland for its student exchange programs.
|No. of recruiters||108|
|No. of offers||370+|
|Top recruiter||Boston Consulting Group|
- MDI Gurgaon: As the first Indian B-school accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) in London, MDI Gurgaon opened its doors to international students in 2006. In addition, in 2006, South Asian Quality Assurance Systems (SAQS) granted accreditation to the organization. This institute’s global quality of education is attested to by its certification across all of its programs. The AICTE and NBA both recognize and accredit the school’s management programs at the national level.
|No. of recruiters||128|
|No. of offers||139+|
|Top recruiter||Deloitte (19 offers)|
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai: Located in Mumbai, India, the National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) was founded in 1963 and is a public research institution. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) gave this public/government institution a 5-star rating for its MBA/PGDM program. The Impact Ranking 2021 recently placed it at number 68 globally and number 3 in India for SDG Goal 8. NITIE Mumbai now provides five different Business and Management-related degrees and certificates. In addition, the school teaches approximately 2000 professionals each year in various fields of Industrial Engineering & Management through its week-long Management Development Programs (MDPs) and unit-based programs (UBPs).
|No. of recruiters||121|
|No. of offers||127+|
|Top recruiter||FMCG and consulting|
- DoMS IIT, madras: The Madras Institute of Technology was founded in 1959. In April 2004, the Department of Management Studies (DoMS) was established. In 2019, NIRF placed 15th in the Management category among the Top 50 Indian B-Schools.
|No. of recruiters||25|
|No. of offers||50+|
|Top recruiter||Accenture, Dell, Infosys|
You’ll have many options for placements, but you must maintain a solid academic record to land a position with the finest firm that comes to recruit at the university. At top MBA colleges in India, placement rates for MBA students are about 95% – 100%. Most of the placements went to well-known businesses. MBA students may expect to receive a salary of around 4.5 LPA on average. As a result, many students from various departments were hired with a salary package of Rs. 17 lakhs by prominent businesses (such as Practo; Think and Learn; Colgate; ICICI Prudential; Tech Mahindra; Axis bank; WNS; and CISCO).
Check out the list of top private MBA colleges in India at https://www.shiksha.com/mba/ranking/top-private-mba-colleges-in-india/125-2-0-0-0