African black soap is a natural cosmetic and cleaning product that has been used for centuries in Africa to cleanse and moisturize the skin. Part of its appeal is that black soap is natural and has a large variety of uses. The centuries-old traditional African culture treatment is experiencing resurgence in popularity.
Ingredients of black soap
Water – The main ingredient of black soap is water. This makes it easy to make and wildly accessible for people across the globe.
Palm oil – Palm oil contains high amounts of vitamin E and antioxidants, which makes it a great moisturizer and cleanser for the skin.
Shea butter – Shea butter has skin-softening benefits that relieve dry skin.
Cocoa pod ash – comes from cocoa pods that have been burned to extract their ash, which is used as an exfoliant in traditional African skincare recipes such as black soap. It can also help lighten blemishes on the skin without drying it out like other exfoliants might do.
Coconut milk – contains amino acids and medium-chain fatty acids that both help to hydrate the skin.
Palm kernel oil – Palm kernel oil is a rich source of vitamin E and oleic acid, which both help moisturize the skin.
Neem tree leaves – are considered highly medicinal in Africa, used to treat wounds and prevent infection. Neem is also believed to have anti-inflammatory benefits for people with acne.
Cost of Authentic African Black Soap
The cost of making authentic African black soap varies depending on where you get your ingredients from, but it typically costs less than four dollars per batch. You’ll pay more for authentic African black soap if you purchase it online or in specialty shops because there’s an added shipping fee included in the price tag.
If you purchase bar soap at the store, you can expect to pay around $3 for a bar of black soap. If you buy liquid soap in the bottles, though, it will probably be closer to $5 per bottle.
Benefits of Authentic African Black Soap
- Authentic African black soap is all-natural, which means there are no harsh chemicals added to it. This makes it great for people with sensitive skin because it doesn’t cause painful dryness or irritation that regular soaps might trigger.
- Black soap can be used as a shampoo to naturally cleanse your hair without drying it out the way other shampoos might do.
- Authentic black soap can be used as an acne treatment to reduce blemishes on the face and body over time, unlike many conventional acne treatments that can irritate or damage your skin in order to make you feel better quickly.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of authentic African black soap help you heal quickly if you have open wounds or upset skin from shaving or insect bites.
- Authentic African black soap is full of vitamins that nourish the skin, making it soft and smooth over time instead of dry as regular bar soap does.
Today’s world uses many different types of products for personal grooming—from lotions and serums to exfoliates and creams—most of which contain harsh chemicals that strip away moisture from your skin. While beauty products may give your body the appearance of being flawless on the outside, using products that contain chemicals can actually cause more harm than good.
The best way to get your body looking and feeling great from the inside out is to use natural skin care products that are made from ingredients found in nature. When you purchase the traditional African culture authentic black soap, you don’t have to worry about artificial ingredients or harsh chemicals.