Netgear routers are one of the most popular networking devices of the internet world. Built with next-gen technology and high-precision, Netgear wireless routers are used by millions. However, sometimes, the Netgear wireless routers deny connecting to the internet. It gets really frustrating as it calls off online tasks. But, thankfully, this issue can be resolved with the help of some simple troubleshooting tips. So, read on.
Symptoms: Netgear Router Not Connecting to Internet
Mentioned below are the symptoms that indicate that your Netgear router has failed to connect to the internet:
- Ping 192.168.1.1 delivers no result
- The internet connection is intermittent
Continue reading and learn about the reasons that might be preventing your Netgear router from connecting to the internet and how you can fix the issue.
Why is Netgear Router Not Connecting to Internet?
Some of the topmost factors contributing to the Netgear router not connecting to the internet issue are:
- Your router is not placed at its ideal location.
- You haven’t updated the firmware of your Netgear router via 192.168.1.2.
- The distance between your Netgear router and the existing modem is too much.
- You are using a faulty Ethernet cable to connect your devices.
- There is some issue from the end of your Internet Service Provider.
Now, walk through the troubleshooting tips mentioned below and learn how to fix the Netgear router not connecting to internet issue.
Resolved: Netgear Router Not Connecting to Internet
- Relocate the Netgear Router
As mentioned above, your Netgear router is refusing to connect to the internet because it is not placed correctly. Therefore, it is time to relocate your wireless device.
Keep the following points in mind while changing the location of your router:
- Make sure that the room chosen to place the router is well-ventilated.
- Place your home router in the center-most location of your home.
- Avoid placing your router near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, and other electronic devices.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Netgear router can also help you get rid of the internet issue you’re currently facing. So, what are you waiting for? Update the firmware of your device to the latest version without giving it a second thought.
If you are not sure about the process of performing Netgear router firmware update, it is recommended that you refer to the user manual.
- Check the Ethernet Cable
Verify the Ethernet cable you have used to connect your Netgear router and the existing modem. Chances are that it is damaged from somewhere.
If what we are saying is true, then you need to replace the Ethernet cable with a new one immediately! Otherwise, not being able to access the internet is just the beginning.
- Contact Your Internet Service Provider
If replacing the Ethernet cable also failed to resolve the Netgear router not connecting to internet issue, then it looks like your ISP is the one at fault here.
So, without wasting any more time, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider. If he confirms that the internet issue is from his end, ask him to get it fixed as soon as possible.
- Reset Your Netgear Router
Did nothing work for you to resolve the Netgear router not connecting to internet issue? Well, then sadly, you are left with no other option than to reset your device.
Here is how you can restore your wireless router to the factory default settings:
- Locate the Reset button located on your Netgear router.
- Once located, carefully press it using an oil pin.
- Now, wait for some time.
As soon as you are done resetting your router, do not forget to reconfigure it using the 10.0.0.1 default IP address.
With the help of the troubleshooting hacks mentioned above, you’ll surely be able to resolve the Netgear router not connecting to internet issue. If you have any other way through which the issue can be resolved, do share it with us via comments section.