Do you want to improve the speed of your Netgear Nighthawk router? If so, then you are on the right post.
In this guide, we’ve mentioned some of the best tips that’ll help you in boosting the performance of your Netgear Nighthawk router. Without much delay, keep scrolling down!
Top 5 Tips to Improve the Nighthawk Router Performance
Tip 1: Choose the Optimal Location for Your Nighthawk Router
The placement of your Netgear Nighthawk router plays a very important role when it comes to its proper functioning. Therefore, before you perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup, make sure that you have chosen the best location for it. Additionally, while choosing the location for your Nighthawk router, keep the below-mentioned points into consideration:
- Place your Netgear Nighthawk router in the center-most location of your house near to modem. But, do not place your devices too closer.
- Do not place your Nighthawk router on a congested, non-ventilated, and lower area.
- Also, keep the device away from the reach of public or neighboring WiFi.
Tip 2: Make Sure to have a Steady WiFi Connection
Another thing that you to do in order to boost the performance of your Netgear Nighthawk router is have a strong and steady WiFi connection. Apart from that, ensure that your modem and the router are connected properly via Ethernet cable.
Once you’re done, check your internet connection whether it is working fine or not by accessing the Nighthawk router login page.
Tip 3: Update Netgear Nighthawk Router Firmware
Updating your Netgear Nighthawk router firmware from time to time plays a major role if you want it to perform well. So, to improve the device performance up to 30%, walk through the instructions highlighted below to update the router’s firmware:
- Connect the Netgear router to the modem using a cable. Ensure that the cable you are about to use is in working condition and non-damaged.
- Plug the power adapter of the router into the wall socket and turn it on.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for the power LED on your Nighthawk device to become stable.
- Access the Nighthawk router login page and go to Settings.
- Select Administration -click on the Firmware Update button and follow the on-screen instructions.
After updating Netgear Nighthawk firmware, you’ll surely be able to boost the performance of your router.
Tip 4: Opt for a Different WiFi Channel
Interference in the WiFi signals of your Netgear Nighthawk router is one of the big issues for people living in urban areas. On the off chance if the WiFi network of your Netgear router keeps on getting interrupted by neighboring WiFi networks, then forget about getting a lag-free internet range in every nook and cranny of your house.
To cope up with the issue, it is advised – switch to a different WiFi channel. Drop us a line into the comments section and allow us to help you regarding the same.
Tip 5: Avoid Sharing Your Nighthawk Router Password
One of the common yet major reasons why your Netgear Nighthawk router isn’t performing well is because you often make the mistake of sharing its WiFi password with everyone. In the event that you want your Nighthawk device to perform well, it is recommended that after doing Netgear WiFi router setup, change the default password right away and do not share it with anyone.
Can’t deny to the guests to share the router password? Need not to worry! We have a solution! Just create a separate WiFi network for them using the guest access feature.
The Bottom Line
This was all about to boost the performance of your Netgear Nighthawk router. Were the tips mentioned in this post helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback with us.
click here for more articles.