What exactly is a proxy? A proxy is a server that acts like a middleman between a “client” – you, and the internet – the site you’re trying to see. You will send your request to the proxy server, the proxy server sends the request to the internet, and then the proxy sends the request back to you. This process has many different means for use. Here are 5 types of proxies and their functions.
1. Web Proxy – A web proxy focuses on traffic over the World Wide Web. Many times, these proxies are used by schools, countries, or corporations to block offensive web content, or to simply control their clients access to the internet.
2. Anonymous Proxy – Anonymous proxies are used to remove identifying information from a client request. An example of this would be a proxy that allows you access to Myspace while you are at work.
3. Caching Proxy – Caching proxies can send the client their request without contacting the remote server. It does this by using information that has been sent to the remote server before. This can cut down on time for requests sent proxy-rarbg.org.
4. Forced Proxy – A forced proxy server handles all of the requests from the client to the internet. Hence the name forced. Many times, the client will not even know they are using a proxy.
5. Open Proxy – An open proxy is a proxy that allows anybody to connect to and use. Open proxies can also be exploited and misused by spammers. For this reason, some websites will not allow traffic to their servers from known open proxies.
As you can see proxies have many benefits and can be used in various different ways. The best way to become familiar with proxies is to try them yourself so you may have a better understanding of what they do and how they work.
A proxy is something that allows many people on the internet
To view websites like Facebook and Myspace if they’ve been banned. Now typically you shouldn’t be getting yourself in trouble and banned at these websites but it happens sometimes, or you may also just like having the privacy that you get from using a proxy. Nobody will be able to track your IP address when you’re using a proxy because you’re not actually connecting to the server of the website, you’re just viewing the pages on the website.
There are thousands if not millions of people who need to use proxies due to being banned from websites but the number one reason, I believe proxies are used is because many schools block websites but with a proxy you’d be able to access anything. Schools hate proxies but it’s impossible to block or ban every proxy which is why they are so popular. Many proxies get banned from lists or they shut down and then a new proxy comes along that is just as good and can offer the same service.
To find out which proxy servers you can use to view websites you should consult the help of a proxy list which lists numerous of the top proxy websites online. These lists typically need to update very often because proxies are changing all the time, it’s hard to keep up with what proxies are working and what ones aren’t, but then with a proxy list you can find the updated proxies to use at all times whenever you need to know. A proxy list is very valuable to people because without them you wouldn’t know which proxies were open and which were shut down. Proxies change weekly and some shut overnight due to unexplainable reasons which is why proxy lists need to be updated so often and why they are so important to us proxy surfers.