Out of all the tax preparation software available, TurboTax has proven to be a useful one. It has provided numerous excellent features to consumers, making it well worth the hype. Every year, TurboTax introduces new features to improve the application’s efficiency and productivity. Even the top venture capital firms prefer to use TurboTax software for their daily business.
However, there are several TurboTax versions available, and you may select the one that best suits your needs. If not, you may also upgrade TurboTax to the latest version to make use of the application’s increased capabilities.
So, if you wish to upgrade TurboTax to the most recent version, read this article till the conclusion.
Let’s get started!
Before proceeding into how to update TurboTax for Windows and Mac to the latest version let’s have a look at which installturbotax com versions can be upgraded:
- Upgrades from TurboTax Basic to Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business are available.
- Upgrades to Premier and Home & Business from TurboTax Deluxe.
- TurboTax Premier is upgradeable to Home & Business.
When we look at the cost of a TurboTax upgrade, we can see that each upgrade has a different fee connected with it. The fee is determined by the version from which you are upgrading. Intuit charges you the difference between the two editions of TurboTax.
In case you have purchased installturbotax com software but somehow discover that it is not what you needed, then you can upgrade to a higher TurboTax version.
Unlike downgrading, updating a TurboTax version is a much simpler process. Whether you have Windows or Mac OS, you may conduct the process by following some basic steps. You don’t even need to visit the shop where you purchased the program to update practically any version of TurboTax.
To begin the upgrading procedure, run the TurboTax application on your computer and click on the “Upgrade for Additional Help” option in the upper-right corner of your screen. On the following screen, select the TurboTax version you require and click the “Upgrade Now” button. You will be transferred to the payment area of the same website to complete the TurboTax update.
It’s crucial to know that after you’ve paid for the upgrade, you can’t go back and downgrade to a lesser TurboTax version.
If you are a user of a Windows PC and want to update your current TurboTax version to a higher one, follow the procedures below:
- Firstly, Open TurboTax on your computer and import your tax returns.
- Select Upgrade option placed at the bottom of the screen towards the right.
- A new window will open; pick the TurboTax version you require and then click the “Upgrade Now” link.
- You will be taken to the payment page for the TurboTax updated edition.
- After you’ve completed the purchase, you may begin working on the return.
Also, ensure that you do not begin the process from the beginning.
When you’re through with your taxes, you can opt to upgrade or switch to a more advanced version of the installturbotax com online program. To perform this, you need to take the actions mentioned below:
- To begin, enter your credentials and sign in to your account.
- You must then select the upgrade option. The choice will be offered on the left-side menu of the screen, or it may be found in the upper-left corner.
- In the following box, choose the TurboTax version to which you want to upgrade your program.
- When you’re finished, you’ll need to clear all of the payments in order to complete out all of the taxes.
- Following that, navigate to the File tab and select the Start option.
- After that, you must evaluate your order and select a payment method.
- When finished, select the option to pay with a credit card.
- You will then be prompted to provide all of your login information before completing your payment.
Now that you’ve finished paying, you are required to return to the main screen. Then, you may utilize all of the features of TurboTax’s enhanced edition.
If you are a Mac user then upgrading the version of installturbotax com on your Mac entails the same processes as mentioned for the Windows operating system. Although you can follow those procedures and continue completing your taxes using the updated TurboTax version.
Furthermore, keep in mind that TurboTax upgrade charges include more than simply the difference between the purchased and required versions. It includes a number of additional fees that, when combined together, amount to a larger total than the initial price of the higher TurboTax edition.
So, they are some of the most common methods you may implement to upgrade TurboTax on your Windows or Mac system. Now, you will be able to upgrade TurboTax without any difficulty if you follow all of the instructions as mentioned in this guide. However, if you still face any issues, you may connect with the technical team for further assistance.