Intelligent document processing is a technique for extracting and utilizing information from paper and electronic documents. It can also be called “intelligent capture”. Various types of documents can be captured and extracted, including structured, semistructured, and unstructured documents.
The evolution of Intelligent Document Processing:
Document processing has evolved along with technology. Documents were initially scanned and data was manually entered. Technology like OCR and ICR evolved into extracting information from scanned documents.
Now, organizations are increasingly leveraging insights stored in content that comes from multiple channels, including email, social, and other applications. Processors began investing a lot of resources to handle the burgeoning amount of structured and unstructured content. To automate and minimize human involvement in the content capturing, extraction, and processing process, businesses were looking for solutions. AI, ML, natural language processing, and advanced OCR engines are some of the tools used in intelligent document processing to reduce human involvement and make business processes more efficient.
What Makes an Ideal Intelligent Document Processing Solution?
- Transformation of paper-based processes and documents into digital, actionable data
- Capturing multi-channel data and content
- A real-time system for automatically detecting and correcting image distortions in scanned documents
- Access control and authentication of captured content
- Automated classification, separation, and extraction tools to support the delivery of reliable data to business processes
- Our platform supports a variety of content extraction methods, such as OCR, barcode, MICR, and more.
- The use of machine learning to improve classification accuracy through training
- Automating repetitive and mundane processes with robotic process automation
- Document-centric workflows built-in
Are you looking for an IDP solution?
- Multi-channel Capture: Obtain data and content from multiple sources, such as scanners, e-mails, hot folders, mobile devices, and multi-function printers, and turn them into enterprise intelligence.
- Intelligent Extraction: Use content-driven processes to automate content-driven processes, enhance operational efficiency, and reduce errors. Using AI and machine learning, aggregate data from disparate sources, make them legible and extract data accurately.
- Content Classification: Leverage AI- and ML-based technologies to automate the classification of documents based on their layout or content. Access contextual information to increase productivity, improve decision-making, and enhance customer experience.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA): With robotic automation, you can automate simple to complex, repetitive business processes, reducing repetitive tasks on knowledge workers and optimizing business outcomes. Take advantage of AI and ML to provide a human touch to your customers.
- Content Workflow: Streamline business processes by digitizing everything from simple departmental functions to complex enterprise-wide operations. Visual development tools allow you to make rich, interactive applications for the web and mobile.