Hobby is a very beautiful and funny thing which can be described as an activity which one likes to do often in times of pleasure which gives joy and happiness. People deny this factor but knowingly or unknowingly one person indulges in such activities more often which he or she enjoys in the time of leisure. These activities are called Hobbies. Hobbies can be anything like reading books, listening to music, playing any musical instrument, bird watching, safari, singing, cooking, dancing, painting, sports etc. Many people know what they need to do as a hobby and few people discover this as the time passes by. Some people randomly start something and later they make it as their hobby. For example, during the Covid-19 few people who were affluent enough and they were economically sound but they started helping those who were starving and also started online teaching to those students who had lost hope for further learning. With the help of online teaching, they saved the careers of many students and then made it their hobby to save the careers of such children. To teach online they had to just make it their hobby and passion. Those who were teachers were already trained and who were freshers they also learned how to teach online.
Hobbies are always related to our interests and students have a lot of scope through their hobbies too. Having a hobby is just like a heavenly feeling that makes us happy and smiling doesn’t matter whatever the situation may be. Let’s see how having hobbies can help students in their student life:
- Having hobbies can make shy students and children bold enough to live happily. For example if a student is shy to amalgamate with others, then he can join a group of those who think alike and have the same interest, in this way the child will gain confidence with people of same interest.
- It has been proved that students and children of any age when they take interest and perform a task repeatedly as he has interest in it and makes it a hobby, that student then starts living more happily and in a jolly way. Often such hobbies develop some awesome skill sets in children and students also which later decides growing career also in future. Doing something on a regular basis which brings happiness keeps stress and depression away also from the student’s mind.
- Having some interesting hobbies which keeps a child happy and smiling keeps the mental status of the child away from academic stress and the child remains mentally healthy and cheerful. Such as if the student or child has a hobby of playing flute in free time then in this hobby melodious tunes of flute lowers anxiety, depression and sad mood in a jiffy and brings energy back to student’s mood.
- Sometimes it can be said that more often some hobbies bring friends and their friendship too to the door and removes loneliness from life. Such as if a student develops his interest in video games, then in the virtual world of video games, he can get various types of friends and can enjoy that virtual world as much as he can without paying heed to any sad thought.
- Most of the time hobbies teach us a lot but we don’t pay too much attention such as if one has a hobby of cricket playing then he or she will definitely play with a team and being indulged with a team and individual learn how to work in a team spirit. People spend their life learning this team building skill he acquired just in his hobby.
- Sometimes just because of some tough habit due to hobbies one gets some awesome skill set like if one is habitual of maths as hobby and is obsessed with mathematical questions and his hobby is to solve such problems then in real life also, he will have the same habit of fighting with problems of life until he solves them. This makes a person a problem solver by hobby.
- Due to hobbies sometimes a person or student sets the goal of his life unknowingly and achieves a lot in future, as music can be a hobby of a student in school but if he continues for it in future also he can be a famous music director too.