Are you troubled by Netgear_ext is not showing on network list issue? If the answer to the question is yes, then worry not because we are here to put an end to your misery. In this post, we have come up with various reasons that will help you resolve the Netgear_ext not showing on network list issue.
But, before you walk through the troubleshooting tips, you must become aware of the reasons that might have caused the issue at hand. Being familiar with the factors contributing to the issue will give you the advantage of resolving it with ease.
Here are the reasons that might be stopping your extender’s Netgear_ext SSID from showing on the network list:
- Weak internet connection
- Too much distance between the Netgear extender and router
- Outdated firmware
- Technical glitches
- Improper setup
Now, you can proceed further and learn how to troubleshoot the Netgear_ext not showing on network list issue.
Fixed: Netgear_Ext Not Showing On Network List
- Reboot Your Netgear Extender
Start by rebooting your Netgear wireless range extender. Sometimes, in order to get rid of technical issues, all that a device needs is a restart.
So, follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to give your device a restart:
- Power off the Netgear range extender and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug your Netgear wireless extender back into the wall outlet.
Now, check whether your extender’s SSID – Netgear_ext – is showing on the network list. If it isn’t, continue reading.
- Contact Your Internet Service Provider
As mentioned earlier, one of the major reasons why you are facing the Netgear_ext not showing on network list issue is because of a weak internet connection. To troubleshoot it, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider.
If your ISP says that the internet issue is from his end, ask him to get it fixed as soon as possible.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
You can also try updating the firmware of your Netgear extender via mywifiext.local to get rid of the issue you’re currently facing.
Thus, follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to perform Netgear extender firmware update:
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser.
- Type mywifiext.local in the URL bar of the internet browser.
- You can also consider using 192.168.1.250 default IP to log in to your device.
- Enter the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, go to Settings.
- Under the Maintenance option, click Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Are you still experiencing the Netgear_ext not showing on network list? Well, it looks like you need to give the next troubleshooting hack a try.
- Bring Your WiFi Devices Closer
If you have placed your Netgear extender far from the router, consider changing that right away. Make sure that your extender is placed closer to your home router.
Also, ensure that both your WiFi devices are placed away from transmitting appliances, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces.
- Perform Netgear Extender Setup
In case you are still struggling with the Netgear_ext not showing on network list issue, then consider performing Netgear extender setup from scratch. But, before you do that, you need to perform factory default reset. Here’s how:
- Look for the Reset button located on your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Once located, press it using a sharp object.
- Now, wait for some time, and let your device get restored to the default mode.
Now, look up the user manual and reconfigure your Netgear wireless range extender.
Not being able to see the Netgear_ext on network list can make any user go nuts. If you are struggling with the same issue, consider following the aforementioned tips. If they help you fix the issue, do leave a word of appreciation in the comments section.